Adjective(1) not either; not one or the other
(1) I am neither a liberal nor a conservative(2) A battle between father and son is about to erupt, though neither of them realise it yet.(3) Upon realising my error, it all felt a bit awkward, but neither of us could bring ourselves to mention my faux pas.(4) The marriage was finally approved, but the bride was married with neither of her parents at her side.(5) I've run second a few times but neither of us had won the entire series of games previous to this!(6) Great effort from the edge of the box - neither of these two sides is prepared to settle for a draw.(7) A quick flick of the head confirms neither of the other two are objecting.(8) Except he would take cream with his coffee and neither of us would smoke.(9) he didn't remember, and neither did I(10) For a while you could get it on the Wayback Machine but it's gone even from there and neither of us thought to make new copies.(11) neither of us believes it(12) In theory, we were going to walk up the thousand steps, but neither of us could be bothered.(13) neither side of the brain is dominant over the other(14) So neither of them moved, and the algae that grows on the sloth's fur got to the finish line first.(15) Despite the big numbers, neither of the town's MPs claimed as much in expenses as they could have.(16) We arrived fashionably late and neither of us had any supper so we thought we'd grab a bite there.
(1) me neither :: ikke jeg heller
(2) neither nor :: hverken eller
(3) neither of them :: ingen av dem
(4) neither of us :: ingen av oss
(5) neither one :: ingen
(6) neither here nor there :: hverken her eller der
(7) neither this nor that :: verken denne eller at
(8) neither more nor less :: verken mer eller mindre
1. neither ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
nor Stannis NEITHER.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
She was NEITHER of those things.
We both know it.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
...and NEITHER should you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 21
Neither of us is
common folk anymore.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
Neither of you left the room?
Not even for a little, little minute?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
English to Norwegian Dictionary: neither
Meaning and definitions of neither, translation in Norwegian
language for neither with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of neither in Norwegian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'neither'
What neither means in Norwegian, neither meaning
in Norwegian, neither
definition, examples and pronunciation
of neither in Norwegian language.