Noun(1) the greatest possible degree of something(2) final or latest limiting point(3) as far as something can go(4) the boundary of a specific area(5) the mathematical value toward which a function goes as the independent variable approaches infinity(6) the greatest amount of something that is possible or allowed
Verb(1) place limits on (extent or amount or access(2) restrict or confine within limits(3) decide upon or fix definitely
(1) At one stage we hit 90 mph in a thirty-mile limit .(2) ├ö├ç├┐We have not put any restrictions on the age limit ,├ö├ç├û says V.K. Jayan, of Terracrafts, who leads the workshop.(3) try to limit the amount you drink(4) The next four hours were pushing her mental skills to the limit .(5) a 30 mph limit(6) Despite ever-growing public abhorrence of this most antisocial crime, numbers of drivers caught over the limit are rising.(7) there's no limit on the amount you can spend(8) the 10-minute limit on speeches(9) The current prescribed Blood Alcohol Concentration limit in China is 0.03.(10) The survey also found that a lot of people thought the alcohol limit for drivers would be higher than at home.(11) Around this time he discovered conditions under which a function is a limit of a sequence of continuous functions.(12) there was no limit to his imagination(13) a weight limit(14) an age limit(15) Legislation is now in place to collect fines at one mph over the limit - yet in law there has always been a 10% allowance for wear and tear of the speedometer.(16) Mr Brown's car had been videoed travelling at 42 mph in a 30 limit and he had gone to the police office to view the video.
(1) speed limit :: fartsgrense
(2) no limit :: ingen grense
(3) limit switch :: grensebryter
(4) upper limit :: øvre grense
(5) to limit :: å begrense
(6) credit limit :: kredittgrense
(7) lower limit :: Nedre grense
(8) age limit :: aldersgrense
(9) to the limit :: til grensen
1. boundary ::
2. maximum ::
3. utmost ::
5. terminus ad quem ::
stasjonen ad quem
6. limit point ::
7. bound ::
8. demarcation line ::
9. limitation ::
10. restrict ::
11. circumscribe ::
12. restrain ::
13. define ::
limit, limited, limiter, limiters, limiting, limitings, limitless, limits
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's because of people like you
people like me can LIMIT our human contact.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 7
And l promise to always go
the speed LIMIT. Or below.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
Five times the LIMIT of (laughs)
'E' to the upsilon as..."
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
Which is still no excuse
for going over the posted speed LIMIT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
so sky's the LIMIT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 8
English to Norwegian Dictionary: limit
Meaning and definitions of limit, translation in Norwegian language for limit with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of limit in Norwegian and in English
Tags for the entry "limit"
What limit means in Norwegian, limit meaning
in Norwegian, limit definition, examples and pronunciation
of limit in Norwegian language.